“At Budgens we’re committed to sourcing a wide range of quality food from Red Tractor farmers and growers. It’s important to us that our customers can be confident in the quality and origin of the food they buy across all our stores.” Robbie Smith (Head of Fresh Foods)
What are you doing for Red Tractor Week?
All Budgens stores sell Red Tractor meat and produce as we are keen to supply good quality, British products and support our local farmers and growers. Budgens stores are independently owned and therefore are operated by people who are at the heart of the community.We are delighted to be involved in Red Tractor week and this is how we are a part of it..
- We have put the Red Tractor Stamp on our promotional leaflet which is currently in store and delivered to thousands of homes in England and Wales. Consumers will also see the logo on in –store point of sale.
- Look out in store for 4 barkers giving the consumer key facts on what Red Tractor stands for
- We have communicated with our store owners about the legacy of Red Tractor and what we do to support the scheme so they are better informed when talking to their consumers
- Budgens have supplied a recipe for Debra Stephenson to cook which will be available to watch on the Red Tractor website and on www.budgens.co.uk from Monday 24th September
- Budgens have worked with Red Tractor to produce a ‘Pack to Farm’ video detailing the journey from farm to fork, giving details of the unique Budgens Butchery Centre at which all the meat is hand cut by 4 highly trained butchers for all our stores
- Budgens are applying the Red Tractor logo to over 100 of their fresh produce lines from the 24th September, making the standards our suppliers already adhere to more visible in store.
- We are engaging employees with a visit from Red Tractor to our head office during the week